Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm sitting here eating cake - I know to those who know what I look like know that I shouldn't be sitting here eating cake! But I am. I am thinking about today 13 years ago. The birth of my first baby - a boy - he entered this world at 10 past 7pm weighing a healthy 7lb 6ozs - we named him James William after both of his grandfathers. It was a difficult birth but what a blessing to hold him at the end of it all.

Today James turns 13. A man. But still a boy. We are trying to be good parents and guide him in the right direction. He is 13. He has a mind of his own. He likes us to know this. He has a wonderful sense of humor. I can't believe that the last 13 years have gone so far. What a wonderful boy he has been and I hope this continues into his future.

Happy Birthday James - We Love You!

James had a choice of what he wanted to do for this special birthday. He had lots of choices and chose to go to Rotorua to the Luge. We left early yesterday morning and arrived at Skyline Gondola and took the ride up to the top. We all hurried to get the right fitted helmet and made our way to the beginning of the ride. After a quick run down on how the sledge worked it was off down the Scenic track - everyone takes this as the first trip of the day. Down we went - I was the last to get down to the end and the 3 boys had gone off back to the top. Bec, Phil and I jumped on the chairlift and went up. When we got to the top James had tumbled off and scrapped his arm and side. He was a bit muddy as well. We took him to the first aid room where they cleaned him up. I told them it was James' birthday tomorrow and they gave the four kids a free ride down the luge. The kids went down 4 times all up. What a fantastic outing. After the excitement of the luge we went for a picnic lunch to Kuirau Park, where a walk and feet paddle in the hot feet pools were next on the agenda. Then it was on to the Polynesian Pools and Valentines for dinner. We had a fantastic day and James enjoyed himself. Actually we all did. We took Max and Aman (James friend)

So that is why I am sitting here eating cake ... and reminising of 13 years ago.


No comments: