Sunday, January 20, 2008

Another Journal - a word a week

I have taken up a challenge from Emily Falconbridge for a art journal. She will come up with a word a week that you do something with. I've chosen to do a small 6x4 journal. I have done the front a bit like a scrap page and then written a few personal things on the back.

First word - Commit - I chose to do it on the commitment Phil and I made when we married 18 years ago. The best part is that the flower on the bottom of the page is one of many that mum hand sewed pearl beads (over 3000) on for my wedding dress. I found it and it was the last one that had been embroidered. Its very special.

Second Word - Feel

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Nicki

1 comment:

Raewyn aka whinney said...

I look forward to seeing your journal come together Nicki, and so far it looks great!

I remember your wedding day (I went with Brent B), you looked radiant, so happy, so in love.

How lovely to have a clever mum to sew all those beads, and how nice to have one of the flowers in your journal too.

Raewyn