Saturday, November 3, 2007

Internet

I have been working around 4 days a week at the moment. On Monday I spent most of the day getting the office on to broadband via satelite - thought it would be a easy task as we brought a wireless router for our place and I plugged it in and away it went ... but the router I got for the office needed to be reconfigered and it didn't want to load any internet not even the page to add your user name etc - spent an hour on the phone to telecom and was lucky enough to get someone who cared enough to go the extra mile as he said at the end of the hour that they aren't actually supposed to help people reconfigure there routers lol I've been calling it a rooter and can't seem to get that name out of my head lol. Anyway I got broadband internet going in the office and now it doesn't take up a phone line with dial up. My mission on Tuesday was to go and get another cat 6 cord (have already brought 30 meters lol) and get a second router (as one of the ones I have been using belongs to someone else) and hook it all back up. Whew I had some issues with that internet - first of all on Tuesday morning the other router I brought to run in the office wouldn't load pages so put the one back in that we used on Monday which was a different type and away it went lol then I tried to get the old computer running with it and here I had 1 computer loading the internet but not the one I had lol I was not going to let this get the better of me - anyway I knew that it would have to be a setting within that computer as it was working via the same line as the other - anyway I managed to work my way thru it and now it is going! YAY.

No comments: